Installing original type blinkers to R50.

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
Alvaro

Installing original type blinkers to R50.

Post by Alvaro »

Hi Beemers.

I would like to install a pair of hella (bar end) blinkers on my R50. If anyone can tell me the items that I need and his Nºs, I'll be really happy.

Are these blinkers here at Mark Huggett GmbH?
How do I make the istallation?

Thanks
Pierre Michaud

Re: Installing original type blinkers to R50.

Post by Pierre Michaud »

Alvaro,

I am probably too late with your enquire but here goes anyway. First you need to position your handlebars on the beemer as you see fit. You then have to file a notch at each end of the handlebars to fit the blinkers properly. You need to notch the top for the right blinker and the bottom for the left blinker. I used a medium-fine four sided flat file to do the job. The notches should be just enough to clear the raised step on the blinkers. Just file and fit often until you get the proper notch. Once that is done then you should drill a 4mm hole on the underside of the bars midway between the two risers (mark it off then rotate the bars and drill...be carefull not to slip!) You will then need to wire the two blinkers and I suggest you purchase the harness...if Mark has it then get it from him. Get a manual to find out where to plug the wires.
Salut,
Pierre