Need help about my R60/2 ID plate

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
Arthur

Need help about my R60/2 ID plate

Post by Arthur »

First post, hello to all!
I'm completing my 1969 R60/2 restoration which begun in... 1979!
Among other things lost over the years, was the original ID plate. I bought a new one, but need guidelines to "fill in" some info which are not obvious for a non German speaking guy. Could someone send a detailed picture of his ID plate? Or, alternatively, explain in English or French what each "line" means.Many thanks in advance!
Gérard
Arthur

Re: Wanted: R60/2 ID plate pictures

Post by Arthur »

OK, on second thought, things are much simpler: could someone check his ID plate and help me fill mine?:

Baumuster: No idea what it means. SOLO?
Leistung PS: Horse power I guess? (6 HP)
Fahrgest. Nr.: Serial number?
Zul. Ges.-Gew. Solo Kg: 200 Kg?
M.angeschl. S. Wg. Kg : Max load? Don't know how much it is...
Baujahr: Year (1969 for mine)?

Thanks to all!
DougW

Re: Wanted: R60/2 ID plate pictures

Post by DougW »

Hi Arthur
Very difficult to photo but my R60/2 has the following on the right side from the top: R60, BLANK, 590, 30, CHASSIS Nr (this is stamped in the rest are printed on), 198, 360, 600. The bottom 3 are in Kg. If you send me your email I can send photos - dont know how to attach to this.
All the best
DougW
Arthur

Re: Need help about my R60/2 ID plate

Post by Arthur »

Hi Doug,
I haven't been on this forum for a long time, and was not aware of your message. Sorry about that, and thanks a lot!
In the meantime, I've been able to complete my ID plate. Now the bike is registered, insured, and running!
If someone needs help on the same subject, please send me a mail and I'll answer (I don't have the bike near me at the moment).
Thanks again Doug!