Bearings for a BMW R69US

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
Philip Vergison

Bearings for a BMW R69US

Post by Philip Vergison »

Does anyone have a list of the bearings (specifications, sizes etc) needed for the motor and gearbox for a 1968 BMW R69US model I am in the process of restoring?

I have the swing-arm, steering head and wheel bearings and the "wobbly" bearing to support the rear of the crankshaft.

Thanks

PeeVee
Dave Everitt

Re: Bearings for a BMW R69US

Post by Dave Everitt »

Hi Philip,
I have just started the resoration of my R69US, so it would be good to here of any tips you find.
On bearings - I would take the values from the catalogues of Huggett etc. My engine has a 9 ball brass spacer for the main bearings, with the self aligning on at the rear, should be a 6207. The outer front crank has an 6004, from the book. I see the camshaft bearings are not listed by number.

I have my engine striped so I could get the numbers, if you dont have any reference, Or are you looking to get a cheaper supply. If it is the later them please let me know.

My post rim grooves are worn and I was going to look for wider rings and machine the grooves to fit. Have you found anyone who supplies 72mm by 2.5mm compression rings?

Where are you situated?

Dave Everitt, UK