Wixom Fairing Mounting

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
Les

Wixom Fairing Mounting

Post by Les »

I have a BMW R69S and a Wixom fairing. However, I do not have the mounting hardware for the fairing. As I remember is is fastend to two aluminum brackets with Zeus fasteners and a third fastener fastens the bottom of the fairing to the bottom of the headlight.

I would like to buy the mounting pieces or at least have a good photo of the brackets so I can make them.

Located near Chicago.
Kurt in S.A.

Re: Wixom Fairing Mounting

Post by Kurt in S.A. »

My Wixom fairing on my R69S has four mounts. Two come off the top of the forks...basically flat bars with the appropriate bends to match the top of the forks to "L"-shaped brackets to mount to the brackets fiberglassed into the inside of the fairing. The other two mounts are on each side which pick up the shock top mount and a hole in the fairing. These two side mounts are actually two pieces with slots which allow for some alignment.

A picture: [img]http://tinyurl.com/ydt2k7v[/img]

I've seen the center mount on a Flanders fairing. It consisted of a z-shaped bracket so it could mount to the single hole at the bottom of the fairing and pickup a stationary point on the lower triple tree. I don't have a picture of that.

Kurt in S.A.