Stainless Air Intake Tubes

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
J. Stracco

Stainless Air Intake Tubes

Post by J. Stracco »

Mark-

I see that you have VA2 air intake tubes for the R69S.
Any chance of getting a pair for an R50/2?
I don't believe the "S" tubes will work on an
R50/2.

J.
Mark Huggett

Re: Stainless Air Intake Tubes

Post by Mark Huggett »

We are presently planning the R50 air intake pipes plus other models but in normal chromed steel. Making them from stainless is a pain in the butt. The raw seamless stainless tube is very expensive and extremely difficult to bend (They are hand bent) the surface of seamless stainless tube is fairly rough so it needs extensive grinding and polishing to obtain a perfect "chrome" look. The surface treatment alone is half of the manufacturing costs. This project has been so complicated, that we are not sure if we will carry on with the R68 and R69S tubes in stainless when our stocks are sold out.

Do you not have any R50 intake tubes at all? If not, we can in the mean time organise you a second hand pair.

Best regards,

Mark
Mark Huggett GmbH
J. Stracco

Post by J. Stracco »

Mark- Thanks for the speedy reply. I currently have chromed air intake tubes. I'm looking to replace all chrome with SS (VA2) parts. I see in your "special offers" section that you have a complete stainless program. Is there a way to sort the online catalogue to display stainless only? Do you sell the stainless program as a complete kit? If so, what is the cost in SF and what is included? Also, with regards to the deep aluminum oilpans: Do they come with an oil pickup extension? If so, what length bolts are used? Could the original locking tab be re-used? Once again, thanks for all your help!-J
Mark Huggett

Post by Mark Huggett »

Hi "J"
You can search for the stainless parts for your R50 in our databank by giving in “VA” or “V2A” in the description, and clicking on the box for the models R50 - R69S. That way, all the stainless articles should be displayed.

We don’t have stainless “kits”, as this is a hell of a lot of work to define and put together.

Regarding the deep oil pans, price includes the oil pick-up distance piece, but no fasteners gaskets etc. The original locking tabs can be used. If you want the complete set with screws, washers, gaskets etc. we will supply you with the whole lot.

Hope I could answer your questions ok.

Best regards,

Mark
Mark Huggett GmbH
Allan Atherton

Question on Complete Headlight

Post by Allan Atherton »

I sent this question to the email address, and am re-posting to this Tips area which I see offers answers to everybody.
The catalog has a Headlight Complete, 63 12 8 050 031, for 624.00 CHF. Is this a complete whole painted headlight bucket, including the headlight, chrome mounting swivels, ignition switch and wiring board, and all indicator lights and lenses?
Mark Huggett

Re: Question on Complete Headlight

Post by Mark Huggett »

Hi Allan,
Yes, you are quite right. The part number for the headlight Complete, 63 12 8 050 031, for CHF 624.00 is for the complete lamp with lens, chrom ring, red/green indicator, ignition switch complete with chrome cover etc. but with out dimmer/horn switch, and without speedo.

Regards,

Mark Huggett GmbH
Ralph Maarsen

Post by Ralph Maarsen »

I wish someone would make chrome or stainless air intake tubes for my R60/6 (Bing slide carbs) If I knew where I could buy them I'd do it. They look so nice on the older bikes.
paul gearen

Re: Question on Complete Headlight

Post by paul gearen »

Does the headlight shell fit /5 models?