Center Stand bumper

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
Jerry Cole

Center Stand bumper

Post by Jerry Cole »

Mr. Huggett,
Please tell me what the odd shaped bracket is that sits on top of the center stand bumper device on a /2. It appears that an upper bumper should go there that will allow the swing arm to hit up against it. Everyone I spoke with said that no rubber ever went on there. Please give me your thoughts. Thanks Jerry Cole
Mark Huggett

Re: Center Stand bumper

Post by Mark Huggett »

Hi Jerry
Thanks for visiting our website. You are quite correct about the bracket in question. It is purely a support or stop for the rear swing arm that it does’nt swing lower down during the assembly or dissasembly of the rear shockabsorber mounts from the swing arm. If ever you undo and remove the rear bolts holding the shock-to-swingarm assembly, you will appreciate why BMW put that little stop right there were they did. There was no rubber bumper foreseen as the stopper is only required during the mentioned workshop procedures and not during normal operation. The underside carried the rubber bumper for the center stand of course. This bracket was not just on the /2 models, but also on the predecessors R50; R60 and R69 between 1955 and 1959.

Best regards,

Mark
Mark Huggett GmbH
Mike Haven

Dover white paint recipe?

Post by Mike Haven »

Hi Beemers,
I am about to undertake my next resto, a 56 R50, and wish it to be in Dover . Is there a common auto paint match, or a formula my painter can use?
I have enough black bikes!
Is Dover a correct optional color for 56?
Mark Huggett

Re: Dover white paint recipe?

Post by Mark Huggett »

Hi Mike

The original off-white that BMW used and as is the R25/3 on our web site is RAL 9001.

Your painter should be able to do a match with this info. Remember! Frame etc. only to be powder coated. RAL is a standard powder coating colour as well. First have those parts powder coated, then bring the powder coated parts to your spray painter so that he can fine tune when he sprays tank, mudguards etc. so that everything matches.

Best regards,

Mark
Mark Huggett GmbH