R51/3 Year Model

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
Jeff Monroy

R51/3 Year Model

Post by Jeff Monroy »

I have a R51/3 that was delivered to the original dealer in Geelong, Australia on January 16, 1953. (According to a letter I received from BMW mobile Traditions). The SN is 531866. The bike has "half hub" brakes with the black and silver painted rims. The bike also has the shroud over the Drive shaft on the back of the transmission. It has the head light bucket with the larger opening below the speedometer and the tail light with the "Triangle" above the round light. My question is the bike has parts from both the older and the newer pluger framed bikes - WHAT YEAR IS IT? and are the parts correct?
anwar

Re: R51Year Model

Post by anwar »

I have an old R51 bmw 1938.there are two engine which R51 and R61.
I want to make restoration for entire R51. But too difficult to find parts and the mechanic around my country. How to restorate my bike, taking into account to have been standby this bike for many years in my house. I live in Jakarta Indonesia
Dear Sir, I have the 1939 BMW R61,now which being under restoration. and still lack of several parts.From the book of catalogue (german version), i am trying to find the missing one such as.Ignition assy : part no. 261 1 16 050 0 ---> Unterbrecher,nackt VU 2 DL 9     q'ty 2                         261 1 16 051 0 ---unterbrecherdeckel                            q'ty 2                                     254 1 16 055 0 ----> Zundspule mit Schelle                      q'ty 2  I hope much,if you can provide these items,including price. thanks a lot anwarjakarta, Indonesia