R-25/3 ENGLISH SERVICE MANUAL

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
Thomas

R-25/3 ENGLISH SERVICE MANUAL

Post by Thomas »

Hello everybody,This is Thomas From Greece.I just got an old r-25/3 and i will start the restoration of her in a couple of months,but i need a manual writen in english language.Can enyone help me?
And have you got any idea of how i will remove the back absorvers?Is any special tool need for that job?
Stacey

Re: R-25/3 ENGLISH SERVICE MANUAL

Post by Stacey »

There is an english manual available from Ed Korn at :

http://www.cycleworks.net/

It is 110 pages and it is photocopied and if for the R25/2 (should be close enough) and it is $20.

You don't really need a special tool to remove the rear plunger. Just undo both the pinch bolts, and remove the bottom pinch bolt completely and the top cap. Then get a socket wrench that is a little smaller than the center tube in the middle of the rear plunger and put the socket on a extention, and tap it upward with a hammer to remove the center tube, and every thing will now come out. Make sure when you do the reinstallation that the center tube is tapped all the way down to the bottom, as this is what holds the bottom tube tight. If it isn't tight, the bottom tube will tip over and catch on the upper tube and bend...happened to me...
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Ok thank you very much,for the manual i will check it out,As for the rear plungers i will try it right away.
GEORGE

Post by GEORGE »

dear Thomas happy new year

I would like to be informed if gou if gou receive any Service Manual for your R25/3

George Greece 0947202212