play of the steering wheel

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
Eric

play of the steering wheel

Post by Eric »

Hello, the game(set,play) of the steering wheel(shuttlecock) of my r69s is of 0.30mm before dismantling it is normal?
Thanks to you.
Eric
Allan S. Atherton

Re: play of the steering wheel

Post by Allan S. Atherton »

What is another word for this wheel or shuttlecock? Where do you measure this play?
Eric

Post by Eric »

...flywheel...?
thanks Allan
Allan S. Atherton

There is a figure in the Shop Manual for Flywheel Clutch Face Runout (max.) 0.01mm, but it looks like you are measuring the flywheel.

I can not tell if you are meauring the fore and aft play or the side runout, and don't see any of these figures in the manual.

I am told that any visible movement fore and aft in the flywheel indicates bad bearings. This movement can be seen through the timing hole when the clutch lever is pulled.

Eric

Post by Eric »

yes, i'm measuring de Flywheel Clutch Face Runout , and i've found 0.35mm exactelly.
thanks
Allan S. Atherton

"...There is a figure in the Shop Manual for Flywheel Clutch Face Runout (max.) 0.01mm"

I typed that wrong. It says 0.10 mm, Sorry.
Han Verhagen

Post by Han Verhagen »

Recently I dismounted the flywheel of my R50 to inspect the main rear seal. After installing the flywheel I measured 0.2 mm face runout. I ttok the flywheel off again, cleaned rear and of crankshaft and inner bore of flywheel thoroughly again. Then after the second installation of the flywheel I measured a face runout of just under 0.1 mm.
Eric

Post by Eric »

Indeed, thanks to all, I am anyway going to unsettle. I would see in the reassembly if the measure confirms anyway the engine must be controlled, still thank you.
Eric