Mounting the Defeld silent block seat

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
James Starkey

Mounting the Defeld silent block seat

Post by James Starkey »

I just purchased a new Denfeld solo rider. I have all the mounting parts. It was sold as a 'complete kit'. I removed the large bench seat for the 1st time in 30 years from my 1969 R69US. Hello! there are spiders in here. Now I can't find any diagram on how all these parts fit together or bolt on. I have the silent bloc and T frame mounted together.The long bolt or threaded pin for the bushing on the T frame (this was not supplied in the kit and I do not know it's dimensions). Is that a loose fit that should move freely? If so should it be greased or dry?.Should it be a forced tight fit? The bracket with the hollow shaft, how/where does that go? Confused.
Mark Huggett

Re: Mounting the Defeld silent block seat

Post by Mark Huggett »

Hi James,

Maybe the attached picture will help you. You can order an original oem parts catalogue for the R26 - R27; R50 - R69S on our on-line catalogue under the BMW part no. 01 09 9 099 161.

The bolt at the front is an M10 x 1 x 68, should slide in easily, and grease is always good there.

Best regards,

Mark
Mark Huggett GmbH
Peter Schildhause

Re: Mounting the Defeld silent block seat

Post by Peter Schildhause »

I am doing the same as you. Have used a Bench seat for 25 years plus and am putting a solo seat on. what does that round bearing up front with the bolt do??? In the early 70's a complete solo seat was $54. I should have bought one then.
Mark Huggett

Re: Mounting the Denfeld silent block seat

Post by Mark Huggett »

Hi Peter,

The "bearing" up front is just that! A rubber silent block which acts as the pivot or bearing for the saddle, as well as a vibration damper.

Regards,

Mark
Mark Huggett GmbH
Jay Nakahara

checking on order

Post by Jay Nakahara »

Hi ... Mark has my order bin ship. shipping #1999-06-23-0001