Cafe Fairings for R65s

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
Alvaro

Re: Cafe Fairings for R65s

Post by Alvaro »

This a site for vintage beemers. If you're looking for post 1970 parts, you can request the Capital Cycle catalog in your country at capcycle@bellatlantic.net. They have some fairings.
Michael B

Cafe Fairings for R65s

Post by Michael B »

Greetings:

I have a 1979 R65 with the low european bars. Does anyone make a cafe fairing similar to the R90S's for this model? I'd like to cover up the turnsignal stanchions as well as put some shade on the guages, which brings me to my next question - Does anyone know how to clear up the haze on the inside of the guages?

Thanks in advance.

Michael Burwell
Sandhill Grove
Dade City Florida
Ed Dee

Post by Ed Dee »

Don Vesco (California) made a cafe type called the rabid transit back in the eighties, but is no longer available. I purchased one and put it on a 1981 R65. Has a little place for gauges and is pretty slick. Sold my R65 but still have the fairing. will send you picture if you like.
Barry Smith

Post by Barry Smith »

Do you still have your Rabid Transit fairing? Could you be pursuaded to part with it? I've been looking for one and having no success. If you have no use for yours, I most certainly have a very good use for it. Thanks in advance for your reply.
Sincerely,
Barry Smith
Allan Atherton

Post by Allan Atherton »

Your guages are probably the same as the ones on my 1978 R100/7. I remember the rubber edge rings slipped off easily. Then I think the lenses pulled out of the instrument faces, but I can't specifically remember doing this.