R11/12 carbs help

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
barry robin

R11/12 carbs help

Post by barry robin »

hello all-
is there anyone who can rebuild sum carbs for the R11/12? the slide on mine is so loose that it needs to be resleeved.(and it wouldn't hurt to have it gone over in general)...
i'm located in ireland but can post it anywhere.
suggestions?
s2airflow

Re: R11/12 carbs help

Post by s2airflow »

Barry,I've had car master cylinders & wheel cylinders re-sleeved in stainless in the not-too-distant past by two people, one near Grange over Sands & another company in Shropshire,the latter while I waited.I don't have their names to hand but I'll try to find their addresses for you,but I'm sure that if you make enquiries nearer to home with small precision engineering companies you will find someone within striking distance so that you're not entrusting parts to a carrier...Dave M.
barry robin

Post by barry robin »

thanks dave...i just might take you up on that if nobody pipes up.

i had heard that there are a couple people who can do it blindfolded, have parts-and can diagnose it too! hans raadstak is one, i believe-but i can seem to get ahold of him...(hans? you still out there?)

fourteen thousand sum carbs out there and no body's fixing them anymore?! sheesh!:))
hanerikverhagen

Post by hanerikverhagen »

Barry,

Have a look at this site : http://www.tritonmachining.com/index.htm

I sent my two BING R50 carbs to this company. Within 3 weeks Bruce Chessel returned me my carbs resleeved and in excellent condition. Highly recommended !

Han Verhagen
barry robin

Post by barry robin »

hans-
thanks for the link. though i see that he's set up for amal and bing, i might be able to talk him into it just for the unusual factor.
-b
s2airflow

Post by s2airflow »

Barry,The firm is Contract Auto Engineering Stourport on Severn,01299 828117.Speak with Roy or Nigel.They may be moving to larger premises nearby.Dave.
barry robin

Post by barry robin »

thanks dave; i'll see what they say...

-b