Chang jiang

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
Frank

Chang jiang

Post by Frank »

I was recently confronted with a chang jiang motorcycle and was interested enough to inquire from a supplier have you any info on these bikes such as reliability or spare parts will a chang side car fit a /2 ?? thanks Frank
Allan Atherton

Re: Chang jiang

Post by Allan Atherton »

The BMW car dealer here in Louisville, KY, USA is a motorcycle fan.
About 5 years ago he bought a half-dozen Chang Jiang sidecar outfits to resell. The paint was very rough (orange peel), so he had them repainted. And the wiring and connectors were poor, so he a BMW mechanic go through the electrical system. Several of the outfits are still in the Louisville area, and they have not had a good history. They are very unreliable, require constant maintenance by our local vintage BMW mechanic, and their owners usually want to sell them after the initial curiosity wears off. I don't think they are worth much.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Thanks Allan for the info I was wary because of the price very cheap thanks again Frank
Christian

Post by Christian »

Frank

Chang Jiang has an official website at http://www.chang-jiang.com
It seems to be privately owned nowadays and you can contact the owner (Jian Biao Zhang) at jbzhang@mail.hz.zj.cn
I sometime travel to Beijing for business and I have seen quite a lot of European or American residents there riding those bikes- they are apparently dirt cheap if you buy them directly in China. Importing them might be another thing, though.

Hope this helps you.

Christian