R25/2 Wheel Bearings

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
Gary Marvin

R25/2 Wheel Bearings

Post by Gary Marvin »

I have a 1952 R25/2 which has been partially rebuilt. I am wanting to redo the wheel bearings
(front and rear), but am having a problem finding the right parts. According to my parts book,
both the R25 and R25/2 used the same wheel hub for front and back - part no. 36 31 4 038 007.
However, the R25 used several spacer rings, felt rings, and hub covers along with the bearings
and spacer tube all held in place with circlips (part no. 07 11 9 934 700) placed in a slot in the
hub. The R25/2 used a felt ring and a plug cover (36 31 4 038 160) which screwed into the hub,
even though the part no. for the hub is the same for both bikes. My hubs are not threaded for
the plug covers but have the slot for the circlip. Unfortunately, your parts list does not include
the parts for the R25, just the R25/2. I need all of the internal parts for the hub bearings for the
R25 with the exception of the bearings themselves, which I have. Can you get these parts if I
send you the proper numbers? Do you have an alternative solution to the problem?