R51/3 crashguards? advise on manuals

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
Jon Olisa

R51/3 crashguards? advise on manuals

Post by Jon Olisa »

Was the R51/3 equipped with crashguards as accessory? Obviously new to the model, and before i start commiting the sin of blindly getting interchangeable parts from other models, i need help / advise on
the most essential manual titles needed for an all out restoration on the model.
There is the ff.

1. ) instruction manual R51/3-67/2 - 68 in Deutsch
2. ) owner's manual R51/3 - 67 English
3. ) auxilliary catalog R51/2, /3 etc. in Deutsch

Which one is the parts and the shop manuals? Are the ones in German language useful enough for a German language illiterate? I need to know and order
them soon before i start fielding wordy boring questions for technical help from you experts

Thank you very much.

Jonathan

Mark Huggett

Re: R51/3 crashguards? advise on manuals

Post by Mark Huggett »

Hello Jonathan
The R51/3 was never equipped with crash bars from BMW. However, many other companies including Schorsch Meier offered these as accessories.

Thank for the order for the books but with your permission, we would like to change it to the following:

01 00 9 000 022 Owners manual R51/3 - R67 in English.
This is the small handbook that fits in the toolbox.
01 00 9 796 022 Parts catalogue R51/2; R51/3 - R68
This is the original BMW parts catalogue with exploded diagrams, descriptions, part numbers and quantities. This is an absolute must!
01 00 9 00 011 Workshop manual R51/3 - R67/2
This factory manual is only available in German, but the diagrams are so good, and text so simple
that it should not present a problem if the interest is strong enough....after all, I am English and thats how I learnt German!

Best regards,

Mark
Mark Huggett GmbH