Pagusa/Denfeld????

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
Pierre Michaud

Pagusa/Denfeld????

Post by Pierre Michaud »

Mark,
Do you have a solo seat top available for the support assembly 52 51 7 002 166 and if so at what $ ? Does the 52 51 9 034 017 rear solo seat come complete ready to bolt on fender? The latter part number is identified as Denfeld in a dealer catalogue I have.....are Denfeld and Pagusa connected or is the catalogue I have incorrect? Does a Denfeld seat top (55-69 twins) fit on your solo seat assembly 52 51 7 002 166? Are all these parts made in Germany?
PS. After checking clearances I have decided to order new pistons (1st oversize) shortly!
Pierre Michaud

Re: Pagusa/Denfeld????

Post by Pierre Michaud »

I am really confused now. After consulting your catalogue further, I came upon part number 52517002011....is this the seat top complete with hardware? In short, I need:
One driver solo seat complete with mounting hardware and one rear solo seat complete with mounting hardware to fit on fender of 1968, R69S. Please feed me with the correct part numbers and I will check prices in your catalogue.

Thanks again,

Pierre
Mark Huggett

Post by Mark Huggett »

Hi Pierre
I always maintained that BMW never used the Denfeld rubber saddles as OEM until just recently when I received the factory specifications and cost analysis from way back then. What a surprise. Basically BMW had a policy of having at least 3 suppliers of most components, the main one having at least 70% of the stake and the other 2 as basically an insurance. Pagusa (the original Patent Gummi Sattel) shared the lions heart whereas Denfeld and Franke shared the dregs.

The complete drivers saddle with all hard ware is sold by us under the number 52 51 7 002 011
The complete pillion saddle with all hardware for the rear carrier mount is 52 51 9 034 015
The complete pillion saddle with all hardware for the rear fender mount is 52 51 9 034 017

Hope that answers all your questions.

Best regards,

Mark
Mark Huggett GmbH
Mark Huggett

Post by Mark Huggett »

Hi again Pierre,

Answer to all your questions is YES! The Pagusa saddles are originals which are still made in Germany. Pagusa stands for PAtent GUmmi SAttel, which dates back to 1935. All other makes where made under license.

Best regards,

Mark
Mark Huggett GmbH
john Wiser

Post by john Wiser »

Dear sir, I have a maico mobile and I need to find the person that recasts the pagusa seats in germany . I need to find him to make me a red pagusa seat for my bike. email me if you would. thank you john wiser