R26 Radlager

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
Werner Venturini

R26 Radlager

Post by Werner Venturini »

In de Teileliste und im Reparaturhandbuch sind für die Radlagerung Kegelrollenlager aufgeführt.Beim Zerlegen habe ich aber je ein INA Nadellager und ein doppelreihiges Rillenkugellager angetroffen.
Frage: Wer weiß darüber etwas?
Für jede Antwort bedanke ich mich im Vorraus.
Allan Atherton

Re: R26 Radlager

Post by Allan Atherton »

If you need general information about tapered roller bearings, needle bearings and ball bearings, I do not know this.

For our bikes, the swing arm and wheel bearings are tapered roller bearings. The steering bearings are originally ball bearings but should be replaced with tapered roller bearings.
If you just want to know which bearings to order for your R26, here is the information from Huggett's catalog:
07 11 9 985 005  Taper roller bearing 30203 , swing arm R26 - R69S & wheel R26 - R27.
31 42 2 000 000  Taper roller bearing set for steering head, R5 - R71; R24 - R69S.

Sorry for the English - hope this helps.
W.Venturini

Re: R26 Wheel bearings

Post by W.Venturini »

One more time!
my problem:
In the part list and in therepair manual taper roller bearings are specified for wheel bearings.However, on dismantling i found one double ball bearing and one needle bearing.
How can it be?
Werner
Allan Atherton

Post by Allan Atherton »

Maybe someone put in the wrong bearings, which fitted and worked.

Or, maybe those are original bearings and tapered roller bearings are a modern improvement.
Mark Huggett

Post by Mark Huggett »

Servus Werner,

The wheel hub that you have is from a R25/3 which has a needle bearing on one side and a double roller bearing on the other side. Optically, the wheel hub is identical to the R26 and R27. There was even a BMW factory bulletin which advised to up grade the R25/3 wheel bearings to the taper roller bearing system.

Best regards,

Mark
Mark Huggett GmbH