Solo Seats for r60/2

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
Craig baker

Solo Seats for r60/2

Post by Craig baker »

I mistakenly ordered the Pagusa drivers seat complete (52 51 7 002 009). Can anyone tell me if I can turn this into part 52 51 7 002 011 so I can mount it on my r60/2?
Allan Atherton

Re: Solo Seats for r60/2

Post by Allan Atherton »

The part you ordered, 52 51 7 002 009 is a Pagusa drivers saddle for with a spring mount for pre-55 twins and all the Singles.

The number that you want, 52 51 7 002 011, is the Pagusa drivers saddle with the rubber block mount for post-55 twins.

I have an R27 and and R60/2 so I have both types of seats. For your /2 only the rubber block mount will work. See if you can return your complete seat for exchange - I know the shipping will be costly. Otherwise, you can order 52 51 7 002 166Ê (Seat carrier with silent block, R50 - R69S) and switch your rubber seat top to it. This will leave you with an orphaned seat carrier and spring mount to sell. It might be better to buy the complete /2 seat you need, so you have a complete Single seat to sell.

When I say switch the seat tops, this means unbolt the rubber seat on its internal metal frame, from the seat carrier. These seats seem to interchange easily whether Denfeld, Pagusa or Stieger. I do not mean to remove the rubber from its internal frame and reinstall it on the other frame - that is physically very difficult and should not be neccessary.