RE OVERSEAS ORDERING

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
PETER BERRY

RE OVERSEAS ORDERING

Post by PETER BERRY »

MARK;
I AM HOPING TO ORDER A FAIRLY EXTENSIVE LIST OF PARTS FROM YOU . IS IT POSSIBLE TO SOME HOW SEND YOU A LIST GET AN ACCURATE QUOTE AND FORWARD YOU AMONEY ORDER .IGUESS MY MAIN CONCERN IS A QUOTE INCLUDING SHIPPING ETC.
IAM ALSO UNABLE TO FIND PARTS LISTIG FOR THE RUBBER PIECE UNDER BETWEEN THE FENDER AND TAILLIGHT HOUSING AND FOR KNEE PADS FOR THE LARGE SPORT TANK WITH TOOL BOX ON TOP . IF YOU COULD SUPPLY INFO .

PETER BERRY
ST THOMAS ONTARIO
CANADA
Allan Atherton

Re: RE OVERSEAS ORDERING

Post by Allan Atherton »

Hi Peter,
It is probably best to contact Mark by email to discuss direct purchase of parts.
I have placed several large orders in the course of restoring 3 bikes. I visit the catalog and copy-paste the parts and costs into a spreadsheet to study the parts numbers , compare them to a parts manual, and total the costs using the exchange rate. Then later I copy-paste the part numbers back into the catalog to make up an order. It does take a little time. Shipping cost depends on the bulk, weight and speed of delivery, and has ranged between $30 and $100 for economy post. The higher figure was for a $1000 order that included mufflers.
I think that wholesale dealers may be allowed to use direct order. They probably type up an order and fax it for a quote, then wire the funds. The typing of the order, faxing it, getting a reply, and dealing with a bank all take time, too. So I appreciate being able to use the catalog and a charge card. Overall, it seems easier and faster to me, with less chance for problems.
(PS - turn off the caps).
Mark Huggett

Re: RE OVERSEAS ORDERING

Post by Mark Huggett »

Hi Peter

No problem, send us your list. However, if you have the original BMW Part numbers (Bible), you can look
up all the prices on our on-line catalogue. If you don't have the original BMW parts catalogue with exploded diagrams and part numbers, the part number is 01 09 9 099 161.

We can only calculate shipping when an order has been packed, processed and weighed. If you can estimate the weight of the final order (your guess is as good as ours!) you can check out the Swiss postal rates via the link in our web site www.bmwbike.com under "general information".

I AM ALSO UNABLE TO FIND PARTS LISTING FOR THE RUBBER PIECE UNDER BETWEEN THE FENDER AND TAILLIGHT HOUSING
13 72 0 043 809
AND FOR KNEE PADS FOR THE LARGE SPORT TANK WITH TOOL BOX ON TOP
16 11 4 080 192 & 16 11 4 080 193

Best regards,

Mark
Mark Huggett Gmb