Umbau auf elektr. Regler R25/3

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
Chris Wittwer

Umbau auf elektr. Regler R25/3

Post by Chris Wittwer »

Ist es richtig, dass ich beim Einsatz eines elektronischen Reglers anstelle des mechanischen Z-Reglers bei der R25/3 die original Feldwicklung Nr. 1 mit innerem Widerstandsdraht gegen eine Feldwicklung ohne Widerstandsdraht austauschen muss? Welche der 4 Feldwicklungen ist die Wicklung Nr. 1? Wie bzw. an was kann ich sie erkennen? Für Eure Hilfe danke ich bestens!
Allan Atherton

Re: Umbau auf elektr. Regler R25/3

Post by Allan Atherton »

With the R27 (battery ignition) or R60/2 (magneto ignition), I think that no changes are made to the generator when the mechanical voltage regulator is replaced with an electronic voltage regulator. Likewise, with the R25/3, I think that no changes to the generator are made.

Mit dem R27 (Batteriezündung) oder R60/2 (Magnetzündung), denke ich, daß keine Änderungen am Generator vorgenommen werden, wenn der mechanische Spannung Regler durch einen elektronischen Spannung Regler geersetzt wird. Ebenso mit dem R25/3, denke ich, daß keine Änderungen am Generator vorgenommen werden.
Han Verhagen

Post by Han Verhagen »

Halo Chris,

I do not have experience with the transformation of a mechancal regulator into an electronic one.
However with an Ohm meter it should be easy to identify the coil that has more resistance than the others.
I recommand you to have a look at the web page of Stemmler (appologies to Mark). In their "Teile Katalog fur R25, R25/2, R25/3" page 61 you will find very valuable information. Indeed there is said you should replace coil 1. At least for the electronic regulator they propose. YouI should be worried about how to undo the screws holding the pole shoes. They are normally very tight.
I am sure Mark Hugget can give you the right information as well on the telephone. His German is excellent.

Cheers
Han Verhagen

rolf

Post by rolf »

Hallo,
du brauchst nicht die komplette Spule austauschen, es genügt den Regelwiderstand abzuklemmen. Aus der Lima kommt (u.a.) ein Draht aus Konstantan, erkenntlich daran das er nicht aus Kupferlitzen besteht sondern wirklich nur aus einen metallfarbigen Draht besteht. Der wird hübsch isoliert und einfach nicht angeschlossen.
Du kannst ihn auch durch messen herausbekommen wie Han geschrieben hat.
gruß
Rolf
Chris

Post by Chris »

Lieber Han

Danke für deine Tips!
Gruss und unfallfreie Fahrt!

Chris
Chirs

Post by Chirs »

Lieber Rolf

Danke für deine Tips!
Gruss und unfallfreie Fahrt!

Chris
Chris

Post by Chris »

Dear Allan

Thank you very much for your instructions. I'll try!

Kind regards

Chris
Allan Atherton

Post by Allan Atherton »

When buying an electronic regulator from Huggett, the installation instructions say that, " If changing from the old elctro mechanical regulator to an electronic regulator, the resistor wire from the "starter" or number one field coil should be disconnected. Otherwise damage may occur in the regulator or dynamo or both".

But I don't know how to tell which field coil is number one.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Dear Allan

With your note about the installation instructions I found out which one is the number one field: it must be the only one with a resistor wire (made of konstantan wire). All others have normal flex wires. Thank you for your help!

Kind regards

Chris