Electronic Regulator

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
Pierre Michaud

Electronic Regulator

Post by Pierre Michaud »

Mark,

The Electronic voltage regulator you supply (12328002312): Where is it made and how does it fit.....is there a bracket required or does it simply fit through the same holes as the "mechanical" one? Does it come with instructions to complete the conversion?
Mark Huggett

Re: Electronic Regulator

Post by Mark Huggett »

Hi Pierre
Our electronic voltage regulators are manufatured in Germany and are especially made to fit in the different BMW models. There are no alterations or changes, brackets etc. It is a clean replacement for the old mechanical regulator with identical mounting, connection etc. Each regulator comes with easy step by step instructions.

Regards,

Mark
Mark Huggett GmbH
Dave Thomas

Post by Dave Thomas »

Pierre,

I installed an electronic regulator from a different supplier on my R26. It was a "K-Tec" brand (I believe British made)
and mounted with one threaded stud set into the back. The stud vibrated loose and the regulator jammed between the generator
cover and the ignition advance mechanism, slightly damaging the advance and leaving me stranded 8 miles from home. Damn, I wish
I had known about Mark Huggett before I started this project!
Pierre Michaud

Post by Pierre Michaud »

Dave,

Well I am glad I popped the question to Mark as I was looking at the K-Tec regulator as an option! Thanks for sharing your ordeal.
Dave Thomas

Post by Dave Thomas »

My loss, your gain.

I should have been more clear in my last message. The mounting stud
actually broke right out of the back of the regulator, so it wasn't
just a matter of the nut coming loose.

Good luck, Pierre