Restoration Manual

Restoration forum Bmwbike.com
Dale A. Johnson

Restoration Manual

Post by Dale A. Johnson »

I have recently purchased a 1975 R90S and would like a copy or Roland Slabon's "How to
Restore Your BMW Motorcycle" 1970 to 1985. My local Barns & Noble store tell's me that it
is out of print and cannot get a copy. If anybody knows where I can get a copy please e-mail
info. I realize that a 1974 R90S is not a vintage bike, but it is a CLASSIC nonetheless. Thanks for any
help.
Dale
Pierre Michaud

Re: Restoration Manual

Post by Pierre Michaud »

Dale,

Just go in the www.amazon.com homepage and type BMW in their search engine having selected the books tab previously. Just scroll down and you will eventually come to the book you requested. I ordered mine through them about 7 months ago through the Internet...it took 6 days. There are some other neat books available for Beemers.
Jeff L Yost

Post by Jeff L Yost »

Dale,

I know Roland since I am a member of the Vintage BMW Motorcycle Owners, Ltd. Club.

Roland's e-mail is:

vintage_editor@juno.com

You can order the book direct, plus, get the book autographed!

Good Luck!

Jeffery L. Yost

JLYost@JUNO.com
jlyost@concentric.net
Walled Lake, MI (Near the "Motor City")
USA
1960 R50 Black
VBMWO #5614
BMWOA #82236
Steve Ross

Post by Steve Ross »

Dale-

That book was never actually published. Editorial differences between the author and
publisher prevented the book from ever being printed. I got this info from Roland Slabon, the
author of the book.
Dave Roberts

Post by Dave Roberts »

Roland's book is great but only goes to 1969. There is another book on the market by Mick Walker "BMW Twins Restoration" It covers1955-1985 and is available from Vintage Catalog #7 page 152 item 10-011014 www.domiracer.com. I haven't seen the book but is has 200 pgs with 200 ill. Let me know if it is any good.
Brian Hanasyk

Post by Brian Hanasyk »

Dale
I have the Mick Walker book which Dave Roberts speaks of, It's excellent. Available from Whitehorse Press in the USA
http://WhitehorsePress.com as is the Slabon book which did in fact go to print (I have a copy) but only covers to 1969.
Love your picture. I have a Silver Smoke '74 R90S I hope to get started on in the future.